Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Follow up

The exhibition went very well.
I had my little station nicely decorated.  Got some good feedback.  No big job offers or anything.
Also, a couple days ago we were having a family barbecue and my step nephew in law was playing with the site and really liked it!  I was very happy with that.  I kind of expected him to maybe be kind of interested but then walk away in favor of something else in a couple of minutes, but he loved the habitat maker.  Just simple things like making big animals small and making the animals sit on each others heads.  He enjoyed printing them out as well.  (which is no longer disabled online).
I got some good additional notes on some user interface and other assorted things that could be improved from that as well as from the exhibition.
Also, and this is super lame of me, the site was not working in Internet Explorer.  I assumed that the computers in school were just lame, but As it turned out my parents could not get it working and they probably use EI.  So I checked that out and fixed the problem (I changed the classid of my SWF object) this morning.  This is probably the reason why the zoo did not get back to me when I mailed them a link to the site a few weeks ago.
Whoops, silly mistake!  Taken care of now.




and for my reference, here is a little list of future improvements and adjustments that could be made:

quick fixes:  Iframes in history,  organize folders
Later on:size limit and reset/clear, home button, speed, music, better gallery, movable puppets, names on map, map console, print popup fix?, sound off/on, enlarge animal drag zone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment