Tuesday, October 12, 2010

More ideas

Ok, I had a think about it a couple of nights ago.
I wanted something that is flexible and still give me direction.  I wrote down a big word map of possible educational themes and where this website should take places (in a house, town, world.)

I found that I was happiest with having the website revolve around a zoo.  You know how most cool zoos give you an illustrated map of the place to help you find all the different places.  I imagine the navigation home would be one of those maps and you can choose where in the zoo you want to go.  Depending on where you go you get to play games to help you with a different subject.  For now I am keeping things open.  So you can go to the Monkey house for math and then the penguin house for geography or whatever.  This will allow me to be flexible in the future, give me direction for right now, and allow me to be creative as I go.

I imagine that there might be little videos you can watch when you go place to place.  Possibly, you could sign in, choose your own character from a few options, and when you complete or do well on a game you could earn a badge/certificate and maybe unlock a video and some info related to either the subject or the animal/part of the zoo you visited.  So, you do phonics with a tiger.  You do a good job on level 1 and you can watch a movie about Tigers in India.  You might have a profile area where you can watch the movies you collected.

Just throwing some ideas out there.  But I think I am getting on the right track now.

No comments:

Post a Comment