Monday, November 15, 2010

Some Changes + Dublin Zoo!

So there were a number of things I was stuck on with my project.  Just, a few too many things that I could image, but have no idea how I would actually accomplish.  It was not very focused.  So I had some thinkin about it this weekend and went to the Dublin Zoo for some inspiration.
It was a grand ol' trip and the weather even stayed nice!
So here is the new plan (and I still need to iron out many things).  I will build a website as if I was doing a job for a zoo.  The site is to promote their new meerkat exibit.  These meerkats are new to the zoo and so they want to visit the different animals through the use of their underground tunnels.  Visitors to the website will follow the meerkats along on the adventure.  They will also play some games and maybe plan their own trip to the zoo.
Nothing has really changed too much from my original proposal, but in my head things are organized in a different way.
I still plan on keeping the social element to the website if possible but things will not completely be based upon this.
Additionally, my original research into animation was a mild slap to the face.  My original aspirations of pretty much having a full motion cartoon are scrapped, and rightly so.  I found there are major limitations not only what I can do, but what Flash animation is really capable of.  Most animation really is just a series of shortcuts to give the impression or illusion of movement and action.  I am not going to kid myself that I will be making a little cartoon.  I still intend on having nice animated moments, and I have a few little ideas, but they will have to be a Mike and Flash friendly kind of animation.
In terms of using Flash and actionscript I have to be careful.  I am decent in using Flash timelines, but actionscript is an ongoing challenge for me.  When I plan things out I think I will use what we have learned in class as a jumping off point.  That way I will be basing things in reality rather than coming up with ideas then finding out there is no way I can make it happen.

Here is a webpage that will give you (I think I am the only person who actually reads this anyway) an idea of what I am thinking.  Mine will just be far more awesome (at least it better be).
http://www.miamimetrozoo.com/map2.htm


uhg, I was goona post images but blogger has rejected them all.  Might be time to consider switching to something else if it is goona be a jerk like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment