Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Building Prototype

I started building the prototype this week.  Extremely basic version.
I am concentrating on getting the HTML page built with the .swf movies tucked in there.

With the swf movies I have 5 stages to include.
-there is the welcome screen that comes up right away.  Millie the Meerkat (Super Cheesy i know) welcomes you
-you go down in the burrow with Millie and from there
-you can view the map of the zoo and choose which animal to visit.
-you hang out with the animal, look at some pictures and get some info
-lastly is the e-card building application.

I have built basic versions of those first 4 in flash and linked 3 of them together.  The next step is to figure out how to link my XML map to the next step.  I think this will just take some actionscript fooling around (that should eat up some good time.)


Right now I have just been quickly plugging in art and images.  That all could change.  All in all though, things are going pretty smoothly for this basic prototype.

I also started thinking about how the e-card builder will work.  I found a couple tutorials online that will hopefully be useful.  (of course they are written for AS2).  I plan on looking deeper into that next week after I get this initial prototype stuff all linked together.

Oh, before I forget.  Another annoying problem.  To make all the .swf files link together I have to have them all in the same root folder as the index.  This is especially problematic for my XML movie because that requires multiple folders and files itself to work.   I am not sure what to do about that.  It is a pain.  I'm sure there is some easy solution to this.

That is all for now.  Good luck me.

No comments:

Post a Comment