Monday, January 31, 2011

Print from Flash

I spent the day trying to figure out how to print from flash using AS3

it took me a couple tutorials to find one that was not lame.

I wound up using this one:
http://www.flepstudio.org/forum/tutorials/3503-using-printjob-class-actionscript-3-0-a.html

I was able to get the tutorial to work (after two or three attempts)
Next I will have to work this into my habitat builder code.
This will allow users to print out the images they make.

Good news/bad news.  You can only print out a specific movieclip/sprite.

This is good because users will only print the important part of the screen.
Bad because it means ill have to make sure what they build rests within one movieclip.  This may or may not end up being a problem because of children/parent complications.
My money is on it being very annoying.  I'll find out in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment